We understand this is a difficult and stressful time for everyone. Our priority during this time is to be able to provide professional care to our clients and patients. As such, we need to ensure our staff stay healthy and able to work to provide this care.
We have implemented a number of new protocols to ensure we continue to provide our regular standard of care:
- Only ONE owner to accompany your pet to the appointment.
- Please call reception once you have arrived in the car park. Wait in the car, the park or on the bench outside until the vet is available.
- The treating vet will discuss any health concerns via the phone or 2m distance. We will take your pet into the clinic for a physical examination with a nurse holding. Followed by a discussion with the appropriate treatment plan via the phone or 2 m distance while you wait outside the hospital.
- Repeat medications and prescription diets must be pre-ordered. Once medications are dispensed, our receptionist will call you for payment. Medications and food will be placed outside under cover for collection.
- If entering the hospital please stand behind the black tape at reception.
- Use the hand sanitser provided at reception upon arrival to the hospital.
- No further complementary nail trims or anal glands.
From Monday 30th March, we will be making further changes to our practice operating hours.
Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm
Saturday 8am – 4pm
During these quarantined periods, we will have to postpone routine procedures and limit the number of surgical procedures.
Do not enter the hospital if:
- You have travelled overseas, interstate or been on a cruise ship in the last 14 days.
- Been in contact with someone who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
- You have any of the following symptoms FEVER, COUGH, SORE THROAT, SNEEZING or RUNNY NOSE.
If you are unsure about your pet’s health and an appointment is required, please call Allambie Vet anytime to discuss with a nurse or vet.
The best way to keep up to date with Allambie Vet’s response to COVID-19 updates is by following Allambie Vet on Facebook and Instagram.
Thank you for your support and understanding.
Allambie Vet Management